St. Angelo’s Fort was built in 1505 by Dom Francisco de Almeida, the first Portuguese Viceroy of India and is on the Arabian sea about 3 km from Kannur town. It was attacked in vain by the local Indian ruler in the Siege of Cannanore (1507). On August 1509 Almeida, refusing to recognize Afonso de Albuquerque’s as the new Portuguese governor, arrested him in this fortress after having fought the naval Battle of Diu. Afonso de Albuquerque was released after three months’ confinement, and become governor on the arrival of the grand-marshal of Portugal with a large fleet, in October 1509. The fort changed hands several times. A painting of this fort and the fishing ferry behind it can be seen in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. The Dutch captured the fort from the Portuguese in 1663. They modernised the fort and built the bastions Hollandia, Zeelandia and Frieslandia that are the major features of the present structure. The original Portuguese fort was pulled down later. The Dutch sold the fort to king Ali Raja of Arakkal in 1772. In 1790 the British seized it and used it as their chief military station in Malabar till 1947. The fort is in the Cannanore Cantonment area. It is fairly well preserved as a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India. St Angelo’s fort is a most important historical monument and a popular tourist attraction. Six Tourism Policeman are posted here for protection duty
Palace of Arackal Ali Rajas, the only Muslim royal family of Kerala, the palace is a treasure for history buffs. Though the palace is a private property of current Ali Beevi (Queen), much of the palace has been thrown open to visitors to see the grandeur of Kerala Islamic art and architecture. Traditionally, Arakkal Rajas were famous traders, who established several trading centers and factories in Maldives, Lakshadweep, Mauritius, Muscat and Cairo. As art lovers, Arakkal Rajas imported several artifacts from its trading countries and decorated his court. Today visitors can view some of the rare pieces of pre-colonial art and architecture master pieces of South and West Asia, well preserved by the royal family
Parassini Madappura Sree Muthappan Temple located on the banks of the river Valapattanam is one of the famous shrine in Kerala. The shrine is dedicated to Sree Muthappan.
Spread over 55 square kilometres of undulating forested highlands on the slopes of the Western Ghats. It was established in 1984. The sanctuary adjoins the Central state Farm at Aralam. Aralam wild life is situating in Muzhakkunnu panchayathu and Aralam panchayath. Muzhakkunnu is also a tourist spot. The elevation varies from 50 m to 1145 m. The highest peak here, Katti Betta, rises to a majestic 1145 m above sea level. Covered with tropical and semi evergreen forests, the Aralam Sanctuary is home to a vast variety of flora and fauna endemic to the Western Ghats. Herds of deer, elephant, boar and bison are common sights. Leopards, jungle cats and various types of squirrels are also seen here
Bekal Fort was built by Shivappa Nayaka of Keladi in 1650 AD, at Bekal. It is the largest fort in Kerala, spreading over 40 acres (160,000 m2). The fort appears to emerge from the sea. Almost three quarters of its exterior is in contact with water. Bekal fort was not an administrative centre and doesn’t include any palace or mansion.
Ananthapadmanabhaswamy Temple or Anantha Lake Temple is a Hindu temple built in the middle of a lake in the little village of Ananthapura, around 6 km from the town of Kumbla in Manjeswaram taluk of Kasaragod District of Kerala, South India. This is the only lake temple in Kerala and is believed to be the original seat (Moolasthanam) of Ananthapadmanabha Swami(Padmanabhaswamy temple) Thiruvananthapuram. Legend has it that this is the original site where Ananthapadmanabha settled down.
Chandragiri Fort is a fort built in the 17th century, situated in Kasaragod District of Kerala, South India. This large squarish fort is 150 feet (46 m) above sea level and occupies an area of about seven acres by the side of the river Payaswini.
Valiyaparamba is a coastal island in Hosdurg taluk, Kasaragod district. Valiyaparamba is separated from the mainland by Kavvayi Backwater. It is located five kilometres (3.1 mi) southwest of Cheruvathur and about 30 kilometres (19 mi) from Bekal, Kasaragod, north Kerala. The island is approximately 16.14 square kilometres (6.23 sq mi) in size, and had a population of 11,917 in 1991. The island’s main source of income is from agriculture and fishing. The island has 13 wards ruling by each ward member to leading the Valiyaparamba Panchayathu.
Bela Church, also Our Lady of Sorrows Church, is a Roman Catholic Church in the Kasargode district of Kerala state, South India, 15 km north of Kasaragod, 50km away from Mangalore. It was built in 1890 and is thus the oldest church in the district.
Hosdurg Fort is a fort in Kanhangad which is part of Kasaragod district in Kerala state. Hosdurg Fort with its round bastion looks imposing from a distance. Somashekara Nayaka from the Keladi Nayaka dynasty of Ikkeri built this fort. The place is made well known by the Nithyanandasram with 45 caves.
Here one gets to see a large genre of snakes and other small animals and there is even a live show, where trained personnel play and ‘interact’ with a variety of snakes, including cobras and vipers, and seek to quell mythical fears and superstitions about snakes. The Snake Park set up by the Visha Chikista Kendra at Pappinisseri, has been a centre of attraction to both foreign and domestic tourists. This Kendra(center) offers effective treatment for snake bites with almost 100% cure. This is the only place, perhaps where Ayurveda and Allopathy are effectively combined for curing snake bites. The snake park here houses about 150 varieties of snakes including the Spectacled Cobra, King Cobra, Russell’s viper, Krait and various pit vipers. There is also a large collection of non-poisonous snakes including Pythons. A research laboratory to extract venom from snakes is proposed to be set up here. The park is dedicated to the preservation and conservation of snakes, many species of which are getting extinct gradually. It is located 16 km from Kannur
Favours for its scenic beauty, pleasure boating, accommodation at Inspection Bungalow. This Dam is situated at Veliyambra, near Mattannur around 30KM from Kannur
The capital of the ancient Mooshika kings, is considered to be an ancient historical site. It is a conspicuous, isolated cluster of hills, forming a promontory. A flourishing sea port and centre of trade in ancient Kerala, it was one of the major battle fields of the Chola-Chera war of the 11th century. It is believed that Lord Buddha had visited Ezhimala. An old mosque, believed to contain the mortal remains of Shaikh Abdul Latif, a Muslim reformist, is also located here. The hill is noted for rare medicinal herbs. There is an old tower of great antiquity here, the Mount Deli Light House. It is maintained by the Indian Navy and is a restricted area. The beach sand is of a different texture and the sea is bluer than in other areas. At the Ettikulam bay, one can enjoy watching dolphins. Bordered by sea on three sides, Ezhimala is set to occupy a prominent place in the Naval history of the country, the premier naval officer training institute, the ‘Naval Academy’ is also situated here
This beautiful ancient mosque was originally built in 1124 by Malik Ibn Dinar, a Muslim preacher. A block of white marble in the mosque is believed to have been brought from Mecca by its founder, who came to India to spread the word of the Prophet. Near by, lies a dilapidated fort believed to have been built by Tipu Sultan, the Ruler of Mysore.The Hindu worship places of Madayikkavu and Vadukunda Shiva temple are other attractions
Tariff - Rs.6000 to Rs.8500
Tariff - Rs.850 to Rs.2700
Tariff - Rs.4248 to Rs.4648
Tariff - Rs.2500 to Rs.6000
Tariff - Rs.2500 to Rs.3950
Tariff - Rs.999 to Rs.7999
Tariff - Rs.950 to Rs.3776
Tariff - Rs.3000 to Rs.4500